I am not a fantastic baker by any stretch of the imagination, but I do enjoy the process – even more so when I do everything from scratch and not cheat with a Betty Crocker mix! My baking tends to be edible, but not that appealing to the eye 😄
Today I made some chocolate chip cookies (pic above, recipe below). I am in a baking place right now, after having enjoyed the process of making an Eve’s Pudding a couple of Sundays back. I’ve also been looking for a good Christmas Cake recipe after losing my favourite recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookies (very easy recipe)
3oz soft light brown sugar
2 tbsp syrup
6oz self raising flour
4oz chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven at 180 degrees Celsius
2. Beat the margarine until soft, add the sugar and cream together, until light and fluffy.
3. Stir in the syrup, flour, chocolate chips and milk and mix well.
4. Place spoonfuls of the mixture on the prepared trays and bake for 8-10 minutes. ( I prefer a dough-like texture, so never go over 8 minutes).
5. Important step – lick any remaining cookie dough off the wooden spoon 😃😋 6. When ready to come out of the oven, remove the cookies from the tray and place on a wire rack to cool.
Guilty! And I wonder why I don’t lose weight 🤔